VLS is looking for a creative, resourceful, technically savvy graphic designer who can evolve concepts into multimedia content, including marketing videos, sales collateral, print, newsletters, and online content. The ideal candidate willbe responsible for maintaining brand standards and provide both stewardship and vision of the content in a fast paced environment. The designer will collaborate with sales, marketing, operations, and other internal teams to develop and execute our creative strategy. You will have the opportunity to work with seasoned designers and content creators with over 20 years of advertising and global account experience.
Primary responsibilities include overseeing the conceptualization of projects, designs, and providing multimedia marketing and collateral campaigns for effective promotion of corporate image, branding and programmatic marketing initiatives. This person must demonstrate the ability to work as a creative project manager to determine design/production requirements, deadlines, and messaging objectives in order to create design materials that are on strategy, on time, and on budget. The ideal candidate will have an eye for artful design, possess excellent organization, project management and technical qualities to translate and transform requirements into intuitive and functional user marketing collateral.
· Collaborates with internal teams to define and design innovative materials and solutions. Develops internal and external presentations, as well as graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites.
· Assists in implementing branding strategy, and develops/enhances collateral within brand guidelines
· Creates and executes all visual design stages from concept to final implementation of storyboards, process flows, mock-ups and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas
· May direct photography, photo shoots, and other specialized vendors, and meets with clients and the marketing team to understand and make recommendations on project parameters, goals, and tactics.
· Assists with the development of the overall company brand, having ownership of internal and external PowerPoint presentations, branding, and visuals, including logos, product illustrations, icons, graphics and videos, such as product demonstration or company overviews. Helps execute brand standards keeping design best practices in mind.
· Manages the different aspects of video, web and print production, receipt and distribution. Incorporates changes in a fast paced environment.
· Develops and conducts market surveys/research in order to identify market requirements for current and future product messaging enhancements.
· Assists with product, patient, and employee story messaging including writing copy
Performs other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or arts, with 5 years’ experience. Healthcare/medical experience preferred but not required.
• Candidates should demonstrate their experience through a professional portfolio that features their relevant design experience and demonstrating a breadth of work, including a variety of media, branding, packaging, labeling and marketing collateral/pieces.
• Strong proficiency with Apple Mac and Windows equipment, as well as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and other design software.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Google Apps for Work
• Working knowledge of how to manage and maintain a company website.
• Highly proficient with time and project management.
• Solid understanding of printing process, photography, illustration, layout, typography, logo development, brand look and feel. Photography and videography experience a plus.
• Experience communicating and managing campaigns, including vendor management.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
• Strong abilitly to create graphics projects into concept presentations and coordinate information coming from multiple departments and outside resources.
• Ability to demonstrate ownership of projects and work collaboratively
• Excellent problem-solver, organized, resourceful, flexible and detail-oriented.
• Excellent visual, written and oral communications skills.
Must have a positive, can do attitude.